If you’re looking for a career that combines practical skills and creativity, a painting career might be right for you.
Undoubtedly, becoming a painter in Australia is an exciting career choice, but you may wonder how to do so. You’ll need more than just a steady hand and an eye for detail. Learn the necessary skills and qualifications to land your dream job.
What does a painter do?
A painter’s main occupation is to adorn a structure according to the client’s instructions. This includes working with diverse materials, like paint, metal, wood, and plaster. It doesn’t matter what surface you are painting, from walls to ceilings – a well-deserving painter can make the space look beautiful. They work with clients to establish a final product that reflects the goals of the original project outline.
No matter what specific painting interests you, MPA Skills painter qualifications can help equip you with the skills needed for a prosperous career in the field.
What skills do you need to become a painter?
It may seem easy to paint a wall, but it takes years of practice and experience to produce result that meets professional standards. This is why relevant practical skills are essential in painting work.
To succeed in this profession, an individual must possess the following artistic and soft skills:
- Ability to read and understand plans, estimates, and internal/external paint applications
- Ability to use painting and decorating tools, equipment, and materials
- Ability to prepare and match colours
- Be familiar with different types of timber finishes and coatings
- Ability to apply wallpaper, special coatings, and finishes
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Artistic and creative skills
- A steady hand
- Enjoyment of practical, hands-on work
- Comfort working at heights
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Determination to deliver a high standard of work
- Problem-solving skills
- Work ethics
- Great colour vision
- Good sense of balance
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Great communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to work in any weather conditions
Getting qualified with MPA Skills
Are you wondering how to become a painting apprentice? Professional training is essential to finding good employment. Here at MPA Skills, we offer a chance to build a prosperous career in painting and decorating. Whether you’re a beginner wanting to study painting full-time for ten weeks with our pre-apprenticeship course, or a student interested in taking on a full-time painting and decorating apprenticeship, we have courses at different levels to suit your needs. We even have advanced programs for experienced painters who want to become registered painting contractors and run their businesses.
To learn more or to apply, please mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.